Sunset – West Angelas – Western Australia
iSOL8 provides community Support through mentoring and other volunteer services to advance educational and career opportunities for students, young adults & OHS professionals based in the Perth region.
Craig Power, iSOL8’s managing director believes it is essential that experienced industry professionals provide their wisdom, experience and personal stories of successes and failures to those who are starting out on their careers in High Schools, TAFE colleges and Universities.
Mentoring is an ongoing contribution from iSOL8 ; other professionals such as members of the Institution of Engineers Australia are also continually approached and encouraged to act as industry mentors.
Mentoring and Volunteer Work
- Industry Expert Mentor for High School students – JustStartIt Program
- Armadale Senior High School – 2017
- Canning Vale College – 2016
- North Lake Senior Campus – 2016
- Mentor and Guest Lecturer : Curtin University OHS students – 2016 & 2017
- Student Work Placement: Curtin University OHS students 2017
- Industry Representative – Career Expo – Guildford Grammar School and Armadale Senior High Schools – 2016 and 2017
- OHS Mentor– Safety Institute of Australia – 2017
- Research and Development advisor – Bravalution Team at Cecil Andrews College – 2016
- Project Based Learning – Guidance for a group of Year 11 students – Cecil Andrews College – 2017
- Engineering Expertise – Student Hackathon – Homeless People – for St Vincent De Paul and JustStartIt – 2016
- Mentor for “Inspiring Rare Birds” 2017