Isolation systems (LOTO – Lock Out and Tag Out) are essential to protect employees when working on energised plant and equipment.
Significant safety and time wasting administration issues are :
- Lengthy permit processing and authorisation time
- Lengthy time to isolate plant and equipment
- Inadequate verification of correct isolation points
- P&I Drawings and SL Diagrams are not up to date or do not reflect changes to plant processes
- Procedures are too complex and error enforcing
- Inadequate training
- Inadequate compliance auditing
- Inadequate review of the effectiveness and efficiency procedures
- Poor labelling of isolation points on drawings and in the field
- Inadequate investigation of incidents
- Poor understanding of stored energy sources such as pressure.
- Poor understanding of what can go wrong at initial plant (first time) energisation and loading
- Review, assess and customise client procedures and determine requirements to reduce administration time and improve the reliability.
- Develop set piece isolation plans for standard tasks
- Assessing the client change control processes when plants are modified or upgraded
- Training in systems and procedures
- Provide advice on commercially available electronic and paper based systems
In late 2017 – iSOL8 Pty Ltd in conjunction with Mineral Blue and a Perth based Engineering Company, commenced working on a new and innovative software product to enable ISOLATION PLANS to be electronically produced from “Smart Interactive Drawings”